Rent DIY pipe and drape baseplate 14inches x 16inches this is the most common size used for reception setups. These pieces of metal are used as bottom mounts to create a stable structure when connecting the skeleton of your setup. The upright will fit into the ferrule attached to the base plate, and then the crossbar equipment attaches between two uprights. Keep reading and learn more about some common questions with base plates. Read More...
This is the 12lb size, meaning it is not extremely heavy. This makes it easier for transporting the DIY wedding draping bases. The ferrule attaches to the plate with a screw that goes countersunk on the bottom side. This gives a flat-level surface for the plate to rest on. If you are having trouble with detaching ferrule, try using a hammer and giving a gentle tap on all four sides. This should help to loosen the bolt and allow for easy removal.
The base plate has multiple holes for the accessory ferrule to attach to on the bottom side. These are available in case you need a closer setup with less tolerance (aka the draping will hug the wall closer). The most important thing to keep in mind with baseplates is that they are always on a level surface and are not raised to a height over 10 feet. If you are going more than 50 feet in a linear direction, then we recommend heavy baseplates for maximum stability. We recommend renting a few extra baseplates as counterweights onto additional ones if you are concerned about height/wind/foot traffic/or level ground. Put your mind at ease and rent DIY pipe and drape base plates today.
#innbistro #pipeonly #toppicks
(9) Important DIY Pipe and Drape Base Plate Tips, Tricks & Pro Advice >>Read More...
- Use for almost every drapery setup
- When attaching ferrule make sure the screw goes into the countersunk bottom so the plate lays flat
- Only lay base plates on level surfaces
- Do not raise the crossbar over 10 feet tall (or you will need a heavy base plate)
- Gentle knock hammer on all (4) sides of the ferrule to help loosen to unscrew
- The base plate has multiple areas for the ferrule to attach, we recommend the center one for maximum stability
- Use multiple base plates when concerned about height/wind/foot traffic/or level ground
- Do not use equipment unsupervised in public places (you are responsible for the safe return of all rented equipment including shipping boxes)
- Do not lose the shipping packaging or contents (we recommend storing it under a table so it is not accidentally thrown away by your banquet hall or other vendors)
Jackie Myers –
We needed a support for our banner for our graduation party. This worked with our existing backdrop. I didn’t want to purchase this, just rent a couple for the weekend. We had some other items in our package so this shipped free.