Rent a heavy base plate for pipe and drape that is 18inches x 18inches. This is a larger heavier base used for tall, long, and singular structures. This is necessary because single structures have only one point of support to rely on, you want to make that point as strong as possible. By using a 32lb DIY wedding draping base plate, the center of gravity is lowered on your wedding setup. This gives more strength, making it a safe structure. Continue reading to learn more about draping bases and how they are used. Read More...
The base will rest on the ground, the upright equipment will go into it, then crossbars connect (2) uprights together. This plate is heavier at 32lbs, so we recommend using it for setups longer than 50 linear feet, setups over 10 feet tall, bishop columns, & free-standing corners. To help with transporting multiple heavy base plates at once we recommend using a dolly to make your DIY wedding setup easier.
The ferrule attaches to the plate with a screw. This accessory is attached from the countersunk area underneath. Once hand tightened the bottom should be level. If you have any issues removing a ferrule we suggest using a hammer and lightly tapping all (4) sides to loosen the bolt to unscrew by hand. You may want to attach the ferrule in one of the other plate holes to have an upright closer to the wall (giving a better look). Just remember the base needs to be on a level surface and should not be raised to an unsafe height. You can reserve extra base plates as counterweights to counteract height/wind/foot traffic/or level ground concerns. Do it right at your wedding reception and rent pipe and drape large baseplates today.
(9) Important DIY Heavy Base Plate for Pipe and Drape Tips, Tricks & Pro Advice >>Read More...
- Can be used for bishop columns, free-standing corners, height over 10 feet tall and continuous runs of straight drapery over 50 linear feet
- When attaching ferrule make sure screw goes into counter sunk bottom so plate lays flat
- Only lay base plates on level surfaces
- Used with tall drapery setups & drapes that need more stability
- Gentle knock hammer on all (4) sides of ferrule to help loosen if not unscrewing
- Base plate has multiple areas for ferrule to attach, we recommend center one for maximum stability
- Use multiple base plates when concerned about height/wind/foot traffic/or level ground
- Do not use equipment unsupervised in public places (you are responsible for the safe return of all rented equipment including shipping boxes)
- Do not lose the shipping packaging or contents (we recommend storing it under a table so it is not accidentally thrown away by your banquet hall or other vendors)