Base plate ferrule pins connect to your plate and give a lip for the uprights to fit over. These ferrules have a screw on the bottom and can easily be removed. You can attach the ferrule in different locations onto the bottom of your base plate. Typically these will attach to the center area. Keep reading about DIY pipe & drape pins for wedding base plates. Read More...
The ferrule is one of the most important pieces of equipment at your reception. Without these then you would not be able to assemble a DIY draped backdrop for your wedding. These have to be attached tight, or the upright might wobble when attached. Hand-tight works the best; if they are too tight then use a hammer and lightly tap the ferrule to try and help loosen the grip.
Another important consideration is attaching your ferrule the right way. When screwing this accessory into your base plate make sure the screw starts from the countersunk area. This way when it is tight the bottom is fully flat and does not teeter-totter. You can also use multiple ferrules on the same upright. This way you have more than one upright coming up from the same base. This is typically done around corners, tight spaces, and ceiling heights that need transitions. If you are facing any of these situations, then rent base plate ferrule pins today.
(8) Important DIY Base Plate Ferrule Pin Tips, Tricks & Pro Advice >>Read More...
- Used on normal base plates & heavy base plates to attach uprights
- Can use multiple ferrules on the same base plate to help with transitioning uneven ceiling heights
- When attaching ferrule make sure the screw goes into the countersunk bottom so the plate lays flat
- M10 x 1.5 might also work for beveled flat head machine screw dimensions
- Gentle knock hammer on all (4) sides of the ferrule to help loosen to unscrew
- The base plate has multiple areas for the ferrule to attach, we recommend the center one for stable setups
- Do not use equipment unsupervised in public places (you are responsible for the safe return of all rented equipment including shipping boxes)
- Do not lose the shipping packaging or contents (we recommend storing it under a table so it is not accidentally thrown away by your banquet hall or other vendors)
There are no reviews yet.